Submit a Script
- We accept unsolicited manuscripts that meet the parameters defined in these guidelines.
- We now consider manuscripts with any running time!!
- Submissions must be family friendly in both subject and language. NO cursing. NO explicitly adult content. If you feel like there is an exception to your play (i.e. one or two ‘bad’ words for an adult play) please submit your script and leave us a comment regarding the use of the words and if we can release other options for customers.
- We prefer casts that are balanced. The more gender neutral roles, the better.
- We favor plays and musicals with ensemble casts, where more than just a few have a chance to shine.
- Plays with elaborate set, costume or technical requirements are not appealing because of the limited resources of many of our customers. Pictures, sketches or descriptions of your vision are always helpful.
- We recommend your submissions have had at least one production or reading, hopefully staged. We feel this fundamental field test is necessary before a play can be considered for publication since plays are created for the purpose of performance.
- Manuscripts must be computer-printed in dark ink. We do not require specific formatting. However, your efforts to ensure your script is free of misspellings and typos will help the submissions editor.
- Multiple submissions are accepted. In order to remain on good terms with Twisted Plays, we ask that you inform us up front if you are submitting your manuscript to more than one publisher simultaneously. If you accept a contract from another publisher before hearing back from Twisted Plays, the courtesy of notifying us immediately is paramount so as not to waste the time of our submissions editor.
Please be patient. Submissions may take up to three months or longer.
The following information must accompany your submission or query:
- 100-200 word synopsis.
- Cast list that indicates the number of female roles, the number of male roles and the number of roles that can be performed by either gender. We do not accept one-person shows.
- Running time.
- CD and/or score for musicals. We appreciate the opportunity to hear the music, if possible.
- Set design(s). Please feel free to provide diagrams and/or pictures.
- Proof of production or staged reading (i.e., review, program, etc.) A DVD of your performance is ideal, though not required.
- Age of intended audience.
- A self-addressed envelope of sufficient size with appropriate postage for the return of your materials. We will NOT return manuscripts or accompanying material if this is not included.
- Cover letter and/or resume.
Please send your query or manuscript and accompanying information to:
Attn: Submissions Editor
PO Box 403
Morris, MN 56267
Or complete the form below.